Sunday, September 25, 2022
No menu items!
HomeNEWSThird Mainland Bridge not ‘opening up’ nor ‘shaking’; it is safe, intact...

Third Mainland Bridge not ‘opening up’ nor ‘shaking’; it is safe, intact for use Says FG

Third Mainland Bridge not ‘opening up’ nor ‘shaking’; it is safe, intact for use, says FG.

The Federal Government has debunked claims making the rounds that the Third Mainland Bridge is ‘opening up’, ‘shaking’ and as such not safe to use.

According to report gathered by Trait News Correspondent, motorists in Lagos had earlier on Monday been put on alert via social media messages on the need to avoid the busy bridge over an alleged structural defect that could cause a near or total collapse if not urgently attended.

However, in a swift response on Monday night, the Federal Controller of Works in Lagos, Engineer Olukayode Popoola debunked the saying he recently used the bridge and there was nothing to show that it was opening up or shaking as alleged on social media.

Popoola urged commuters to ignore the alarm saying the bridge is safe for use.

Read full statement below:

PRESS RELEASE

THIRD MAINLAND BRIDGE IS SAFE, INTACT

The Federal Controller of Works in Lagos, Engineer Olukayode Popoola, has debunked insinuations making the rounds in the social media that the Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos has “opened up” and “shaking” and, therefore, unsafe to traffic saying the claim was both false and unfounded.

Giving an on-the-spot report on the Bridge, the Controller, who said he just drove along the Bridge without noticing any opening or experiencing any shaking as contained in the social media report, advised members of the public, especially commuters, to ignore the insinuations as the Bridge, which is receiving regular attention along with others across the country, is safe for use.

Boade Akinola
Director Press & Public Relations
Federal Ministry of Works and Housing
Abuja.

 

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments